I just was notified that I was nominated for a Liebster Award for 2014!
Wait……… What is a Liebster Award. Just a second and I shall Google it.
Okay so basically it is an award given to newer bloggers to get to know one another. I am now a proud Liebster Award winner thanks to Christine over at Three Boy Circus. It’s kind of a fun question and answer.
Soo……. Let’s get started!
- Post the award on your blog. (Done)
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog. (Done)
- Write 11 Facts about yourself. (Crap, that means I have to do some reflection which is never pretty)
- Nominate 11 bloggers whom have less than 1000 blog followers, that you feel believe are deserving of this award and you want to get to know better. (Can DO!)
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked by your award presenter and pose 11 questions of your own. (AWE more thinking)
11 Random facts about myself:
- My favorite kind of shoe is Georgia Romeo.
- I have owned a minivan, it was a Chevy Venture.
- I LOVE music. Country and old Rock mostly.
- I really enjoy camping, the kind of camping that you have no cell service and no people.
- My birthday is IMPOSSIBLE to say. 12/19/85, say it out loud and you will know why. People always ask me what day….. Super annoying.
- I really like to hit things. That’s why I take Krav Maga.
- I was a bull rider in High School.
- I really enjoy cooking, and making food from scratch. Pasta is one of my very favorite things to make.
- I am older than my closest sibling by almost 10 years.
- I am a die hard Oregon Ducks fan.
- I have broken lots of bones. Everything from my elbow, to fingers, nose, and toes!
The Questions I was given:
- If you could live anywhere, where would you choose? Honestly I already live here. I love living in the Pacific Northwest. However to be fair I should pick a place farther away from home. So I am going to have to say Germany. I love germans, the German language and their education system is amazing! That and Germans are very efficient. I think it would be a good fit.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Can I be both? I have had some of the coolest cats ever, but I currently have one of the most amazing dogs ever. Toby is super patient and so well mannered. (His English gets better when he wants a cookie though…)
- How did you choose the name for your blog? Well after weeks of indecision and checking domains trying to find way to describe myself in a fairly memorable way without being super offensive, my husband “The Mister” said what about “No Minivan Mom?” Hu, seemed to fit, especially since I don’t drive a minivan, and I am a mom. I like it, and I guess that’s what matters.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully, we will be living in our own home, in the same neighborhood, and I will be writing full time. In addition to being a Stay-At-Home mom. (So basically living down the street doing what I do now…….. Just with older kids.)
- What is your favorite meal to cook (or eat at a restaurant)? I love to cook, one of my favorites to make and is a go to staple in this house is Sausage Potato and Kale soup. Sounds strange but I can make it from scratch even while camping. (Infact I do make it every single camping trip) My favorite meal to eat in a restaurant is a big fat steak, with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. (I can make it here too and it is yummy, however if I don’t have to cook it then really anything is my favorite)
- What is one thing you want to learn how to do? I really would like to learn how to snorkel. I love fish and swimming, however I have never been anywhere that snorkeling was an option. As in the Pacific Northwest the water is much too cold to do a whole lot of swimming.
- Favorite holiday? Christmas, I love wrapping gifts and spending money. I also get to cook a large family meal. We generally have holidays at our house since it’s easier. (We are the only ones with kids)
- Do you have a nickname you go by? I have so many nicknames……. However, the one that I get called the most is Panda.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 14-year-old self? So many things, that would be another blog post or book in and of itself. One thing that I can think of off the top of my head is “You have worth, treat yourself as such”
- Best book you’ve read recently? The book that I read most recently is called ” First Life” by RJ Crayton if you have the opportunity to read it you should. It was amazing! I was hooked from the first chapter.
- Who is the most inspiring person you know? This is a tough one for me. I can think of several people that are very inspiring and influential in my life. However I think that my father takes that award. My father was a single father raising 4 children. You read that right, my single father. He was left with me, and three infants. He managed to raise all four of us, well he is still raising 2 of them. My sister is in college and I have been out of the house for over 10 years. My father didn’t screw us up and I have finally realized that he was right about pretty much everything. Just don’t tell him that.
My 11 questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is your favorite piece of clothing?
- Have you (do you) played sports? If so which one(s)?
- What is your favorite thing to drink?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could go back and change one thing from your past, would you? (Life might be different if you do.)
- Do you have any bad habits?
- If you could spend a day with one person influential on history, who would it be?
- Who is the one person you wish you had more time with?
- Are you a morning person?
- What is your favorite candy?
- The brave mama over at Love is all you need
- Hilary at Hilary’s Crafty Designs
- Marielle at Lady Marielle
- Courtney at My Life with my AuSome Son
- Jordan at A Bushel and a Peck
- Ree at Be Blessed
- Sherry at God Life Happy Wife
- Silvie at My Silly Little Gang
- Taurren at Have a Bite
Well I could only come up with 9 at the moment that don’t already have a Liebster Award.
Happy getting to know each other!!